Goodbye oil, welcome tech: 5 world’s most valuable companies on 2006 and 2016
The age of technology has arrived, and investors know it.
How do we look into tech world from 11 years ago is now really different as we look on today’s tech world. From social media, internet services, to software and hardware, we all know that some tech companies had invaded the market, not only of technology but also other related fields.
In 2006, oil giant Exxon Mobil headed the list of the world’s most valuable companies and Microsoft was the only tech firm near the top.
But last August 2016, Apple, Google’s Alphabet, Microsoft, Amazon and Facebook now dominate the list, while ExxonMobil is the only oil company left in the top five.
After ExxonMobil’s profits went down, the oil giant found itself in sixth place behind Amazon and Facebook, before climbing back up.
This seems to be the first time that the five most valuable companies in the world are all tech firms, according to Slate.
The Most Interesting
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao
- Honor Play is probably the best mid-range smartphone out there to date – here’s what you need to know
- ViewSonic outs ultra-portable projector with dual Harman Kardon speakers and 6 hours of battery life
- LG Q8 (2018) launches in South Korea with Snapdragon 450 and built-in stylus
- Samsung Galaxy J8 In-Depth Review – should you get one?
- AMD announces 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper chips: prices and specs here