Apple might make dual SIM iPhone variants this year – reports
DESPATCH – Apple iPhone owners might have thought of this for a really long time now – why the Cupertino giant doesn’t make any dual SIM variants for the iPhone, despite the popularity of the said feature among Android smartphones, and even tablets.
But now, Apple might take an unexpected route to bring dual-SIM functionality to the iPhone, with reports from insiders talking to 21st Century Business Herald which says that Apple is considering to make a few iPhone variants with dual-SIM functionality, which might launch later this year.
But, the dual-SIM functionality might work not as what you expect. It’s difference than the usual dual-SIM smartphones is that one slot will be populated by Apple SIM (e-SIM, which is already existing for the iPad Air 2, back in 2016), and the other one for the network of your preference.
SEE ALSO: STOP USING HYBRID SIM CARD SLOTS
However, China isn’t likely to be in favor with this implementation, since dual-SIM smartphones are so popular there that single SIM ones aren’t existing that much anymore. In answer to such problem, Apple might release iPhone variants with two SIM slots, mainly for the Chinese market.
And while this sounds good news to some, we advise you to take this with a grain of salt as always, since it’s still a rumor and we’ll only know when the new iPhones came out later this year.
The Most Interesting
- Samsung launches Galaxy Watch and 2 new tablets in the Philippines
- HOW TO UNBLOCK BLOCKED PORN/WEB SITES 2018? – THE ULTIMATE GUIDE
- ViewSonic Launches VX58 Curve Series Monitors
- Why PayPal Wins Against Apple in P2P Payments Service
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao
- Honor Play is probably the best mid-range smartphone out there to date – here’s what you need to know