This is Apple’s own wireless charging pad
We all know that the recently announced iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X will be compatible with all accessories based on the Qi wireless charging standard – means that even third-party accessories will be able to charge their iPhone without wires. But, when the iPhone X was unveiled, Apple also showed their own wireless charging pad, called AirPower.
Apple’s AirPower is a large wireless charging pad capable of fitting multiple devices. On the photo above, it shows an iPhone X, Apple Watch, and AirPods fitted on a single AirPower for simultaneous charging.
The AirPower was created to solve another problem made possible by wireless charging – current wireless charging pads, regardless of the standard, aren’t prepared to charge multiple devices with full power being distributed. So this AirPower is Apple’s proprietary solution for wireless charging, given the fact that they have multiple devices that supports it.
Pricing and Availability
However, there’s no release date yet for the AirPower, though Apple quietly mentioned it’ll arrive sometime next year, so – third-party manufacturers, if Apple allows, would be the first to offer wireless chargers compatible for the new iPhones. Also no word yet about pricing.
The Most Interesting
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao
- Honor Play is probably the best mid-range smartphone out there to date – here’s what you need to know
- ViewSonic outs ultra-portable projector with dual Harman Kardon speakers and 6 hours of battery life
- LG Q8 (2018) launches in South Korea with Snapdragon 450 and built-in stylus
- Samsung Galaxy J8 In-Depth Review – should you get one?
- AMD announces 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper chips: prices and specs here