Dell unveils new XPS 15 with Intel + AMD graphics combo
CES 2018 is now on-going and our series of articles covering the biggest tech show on earth are now dropping! Check them out HERE.
Dell, in some ways and somehow, had wowed us at CES this year, from its redesigned XPS 13 and a not-so-expected launch of a jewelry line. Now, the company is also announcing its new 15-inch laptop at CES 2018 – the XPS 15 2-1.
A 2-in-1 laptop with a 360-degree hinge, which perhaps, is one of the most powerful 2-in-1s to date. Although Dell didn’t provide exact performance metrics, the company is expecting performance to surpass NVIDIA’s GTX 1050 which is currently in the non-convertible XPS 15. What’s more impressive is that it does this while being thinner and lighter than the standard model, thanks to the Kaby Lake G chips.
In case you missed the announcement, Intel’s Kaby Lake G chips are the result of a not-so-expected partnership with rival AMD that was announced back in November. In short, the chipset combines Intel’s 8th gen, 4-core processor with a Radeon Vega M GL in a single chip.
The laptop comes with two options: One with a 4K display with 100 percent Adobe RGB coverage or a 1080p display with 100 percent sRGB, all are touchscreen. Battery life is rated at up to 15 hours, depending on case use.
Like the new XPS 13, the 15-inch model is going all in on USB-C and Thunderbolt 3, with only other ports being a headphone jack and micro SD card slot. The Thunderbolt 3 ports have full four PCI-E lanes, so you can use Thunderbolt 3’s full bandwidth and span all dongle for the hardware you want.
The XPS 15 also uses a maglev keyboard. If you don’t know what maglev is, instead of a traditional scissor or butterfly switch, the keys are literally pushed back by magnets. The idea is to provide a clickier, more responsive typing experience with the new thin design.
The screen is also compatible with Dell’s new Active Pen, which now supports tilt and 4096 pressure levels.
Dell didn’t provide an exact release date for the XPS 15 2-in-1, but it should launch sometime in the spring or second quarter of this year.
The Most Interesting
- Samsung launches Galaxy Watch and 2 new tablets in the Philippines
- HOW TO UNBLOCK BLOCKED PORN/WEB SITES 2018? – THE ULTIMATE GUIDE
- ViewSonic Launches VX58 Curve Series Monitors
- Why PayPal Wins Against Apple in P2P Payments Service
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao
- Honor Play is probably the best mid-range smartphone out there to date – here’s what you need to know