GIGABYTE’s new RGB RAM kit is bundled with fake RAMs
While the RGB RAM setup isn’t really new (G.Skill would have been the best example, so far), this product is a first for GIGABYTE’s AORUS line. GIGABYTE even take things further as they’re bundling the kit with LED-infused dummy RAM sticks.
But before you react negatively, here’s how it goes: Two of the sticks contain 16GB (2 x 8GB) of DDR4 memory, and the other two is just dummy RAM sticks that are made of the same aluminum housing and looks like the actual one, with LEDs that can sync up with the actual RAM sticks. None of them do have functional memory bits.
Usually, for motherboards that comes with four RAM slots, only two of them are populated, leaving an awkward empty space between the two RAMs and ruining that RGB glow. With GIGABYTE’s RGB RAM kit + dummy RAM sticks, all of the slots would be populated, even though you don’t fill all of it with functional RAM sticks.
The GIGABYTE AORUS RGB LED DDR4 RAM kit will be available in June for $229. and according to GIGABYTE, they’re also exploring the possibility of just selling the dummy sticks separately one day. Let’s hope that those eBay scammers don’t take advantage of this.
Don’t miss the latest news from COMPUTEX 2018! Follow our coverage on SnowTechStuff.com on our website and social media channels:
The Most Interesting
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao
- Honor Play is probably the best mid-range smartphone out there to date – here’s what you need to know
- ViewSonic outs ultra-portable projector with dual Harman Kardon speakers and 6 hours of battery life
- LG Q8 (2018) launches in South Korea with Snapdragon 450 and built-in stylus
- Samsung Galaxy J8 In-Depth Review – should you get one?
- AMD announces 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper chips: prices and specs here
- Android 9.0 Pie is now official – here’s what you can expect