Hugo Barra joins Facebook, to lead Oculus, VR team
From being a VP of Android product management at Google to being the Xiaomi’s secret weapon to smartphone wars, Hugo Barra, who recently left Xiaomi to return back to Silicon Valley, now has a new home: Facebook.
Barra will lead all of the social network’s virtual reality efforts as VP of VR and will also lead the Oculus. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg made the announcement on a Facebook post with an image of his and Barra’s digital avatars floating around the company’s Menlo Park headquarters.
In addition to Barra being a visionary, the company has also gained a compelling evangelist for its future VR products. That’ll be essential in championing the technology and bringing VR to the mainstream for the years to come.
The Most Interesting
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao
- Honor Play is probably the best mid-range smartphone out there to date – here’s what you need to know
- ViewSonic outs ultra-portable projector with dual Harman Kardon speakers and 6 hours of battery life
- LG Q8 (2018) launches in South Korea with Snapdragon 450 and built-in stylus
- Samsung Galaxy J8 In-Depth Review – should you get one?
- AMD announces 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper chips: prices and specs here