Instagram finally stopped notifying when you screenshot someone’s story
Back in February, Instagram users, especially those who loves to check out others through their posted ‘Stories’, had a scary time when a report surfaced that Instagram is doing a testing to a small group of users about notifying the poster of the story when someone screenshots it.
Of course, for someone who doesn’t know that someone is keeping a snapshot of their story, that would be weird, and creepy as well.
But now, Instagram finally realized that this feature would creep out users, so in silence, they’ve ceased the said feature. First reported by BuzzFeed, the change makes the internet celebrating the ability to once again capture the lives of others, and some other things people share in their Stories.
The feature, just like some other that has found its way in Instagram in the recent years, also first came from Snapchat.
Instagram declined to comment about its decision on cancelling the feature.
Although you can now continue to save a snapshot of someone’s story without being caught, not all of Instagram is safe for screenshotting. Capturing a disappearing photo or video in a direct message will still produce a notification. You’ve been warned.
The Most Interesting
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao
- Honor Play is probably the best mid-range smartphone out there to date – here’s what you need to know
- ViewSonic outs ultra-portable projector with dual Harman Kardon speakers and 6 hours of battery life
- LG Q8 (2018) launches in South Korea with Snapdragon 450 and built-in stylus
- Samsung Galaxy J8 In-Depth Review – should you get one?
- AMD announces 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper chips: prices and specs here