Instagram has launched IGTV – here’s what you need to know
IGTV, according to Instagram, is different in some ways, such as it’s built for how we actually use our phones, so videos there would be in vertical orientation and in full-screen (now I guess we have another reason to accept vertical / portrait videos). Aside from that, videos on IGTV are now limited for up to an hour, compared to Instagram’s one minute limit.
While there’s a stand-alone app for IGTV, Instagram users who don’t want to install a separate app can still enjoy videos from IGTV into the default Instagram app, so that the one billion users of Instagram can use it from the very start.
Here’s how it works: Just like turning on the TV, IGTV starts playing as soon as you open the app. You don’t have to search to start watching content from people you already follow on Instagram and others you might like based on your interests.
You can swipe up to discover more — switch between “For You,” “Following,” “Popular” and “Continue Watching.” You can also like, comment and send videos to friends in Direct.
In IGTV, the creators are the channels. When you follow someone on Instagram who use IGTV, their IGTV channel will show up for you to watch.
Anyone can be a creator — you can upload your own IGTV videos in the app or on the web to start your own channel, just like on YouTube.
The Most Interesting
- Samsung launches Galaxy Watch and 2 new tablets in the Philippines
- HOW TO UNBLOCK BLOCKED PORN/WEB SITES 2018? – THE ULTIMATE GUIDE
- ViewSonic Launches VX58 Curve Series Monitors
- Why PayPal Wins Against Apple in P2P Payments Service
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao
- Honor Play is probably the best mid-range smartphone out there to date – here’s what you need to know