LG Q8 (2018) launches in South Korea with Snapdragon 450 and built-in stylus
STS ASIA, Seoul – LG announces their successor to its Q8 smartphone, adding a stylus as well and toning down the specs a bit to match its target price point.
Featuring a 6.2-inch FHD+ 18:9 display, the LG Q8 (2018) boasts the mid-range Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 octa-core processor instead of a flagship SoC, as well as 4GB RAM, 64GB of internal, expandable storage, and 3,300mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 support via its USB Type-C charging port. It also comes with a 16MP camera at the back and a 5MP front shooter with 100-degree wide-angle lens.
The Q8 (2018) also sports quad DAC setup that can provide HiFi grade tunes via headphones – which is usually found on the G-series as well as the V-series, both flagships. It also boasts DTS stereo sound technology for louder and better audio listening experience. Lastly, it has a stylus pen which could be used just like the one on the Samsung Galaxy Note series.
Specifications and Features
|Model:||LG Q8 (2018)|
|Display:||6.2-inch 2.5D, curved In-Cell IPS display, 2160 x 1080 HD+ resolution, 369 ppi|
|CPU/SoC:||Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 @1.8GHz|
|ROM/Storage:||64GB, expandable via microSD up to 2TB|
|Rear Camera:||16MP w/ PDAF, LED flash|
|Front Camera:||5MP w/ 100-degree wide-angle lens|
|Battery:||3,300mAh with Quick Charge 3.0 support|
|Connectivity:||WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE
USB Type-C (2.0/3.1 compatible)
|Network Bands:||4G/LTE/LTE-A, 3G (HSDPA), 2G (GSM)|
|SIM Slot:||Single SIM / Dual SIM|
|Sensors:||Fingerprint sensor (rear), GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass|
|OS/Software:||Android 8.1 Oreo|
|Dimensions & Weight:||Size: 160.1 x 77.1 x 8.4 mm (6.30 x 3.04 x 0.33 in)
Weight: 172 g (6.07 oz)
|Colors:||New Platinum Gray, New Aurora Black, New Moroccan Blue, Raspberry Rose|
|Protection / IP Rating:||IP68 Water and Dust Resistant
MIL-STD 810G Compliant
|Other Features:||HiFi Quad DAC, DTS:X 3D|
Pricing and Availability
The LG Q8 (2018) is priced at KRW 539,000 or around US$ 480 (current exchange rate). Availability of the handset is yet to be announced.
The Most Interesting
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao
- Honor Play is probably the best mid-range smartphone out there to date – here’s what you need to know
- ViewSonic outs ultra-portable projector with dual Harman Kardon speakers and 6 hours of battery life
- LG Q8 (2018) launches in South Korea with Snapdragon 450 and built-in stylus
- Samsung Galaxy J8 In-Depth Review – should you get one?
- AMD announces 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper chips: prices and specs here