STS ASIA, South Korea – South Korean giant LG Electronics has launched the LG X4 on March 3 through three of its domestic telecom operators.
What’s interesting on the ‘LG X4’ is that LG Electronics has applied its online payment service LG Pay. When you enter your fingerprint or password on your smartphone and place it on the payment terminal, LG Pay will pay the same amount as your credit card.
While the factory price was a staggering 297,000 KRW (around US $279 / PhP14,5k), LG iterates that the price is focused on raising the cost of the service by offering convenience facilities differentiated by the price of 200,000 KRW.
The mid-ranger phone also includes some cool features such as a finger touch that takes a self-portrait or captures a screen just by touching the finger of the hand holding the smartphone to the fingerprint recognition button. When taking a self-portrait, you can take a picture by simply tapping on the back home button lightly. You can also watch the screen and touch the back home button twice to capture the viewing screen.
Also, if you plug in the earphones, you can watch HD DMB TV or listen to FM radio without using the data – best for customers who are in an area where data is not sent or received or whose data usage charges are burdensome.
The width, length, and thickness of the LG X4 are only 148.6 x 75.1 x 8.6mm, respectively. There is no logo or home button in front of the screen, and it boasts a neat design. There are two colors available: black and gold.
LG Electronics Ahn Byung-deok, director of mobile marketing, said, “The LG X4, which features LG’s unique convenience features, will be a great alternative for customers looking for a mid-priced smartphone.”
LG X4 specifications
- Display: 5.3-inch HD display, 1280 x 720 resolution, 277ppi
- CPU/SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 quad-core processor
- GPU: Adreno 308
- RAM: 2GB LPDDR3
- Internal Storage: 16GB of expandable storage via microSD
- Rear Camera: 8-megapixel with AF and LED flash
- Front Camera: 5-megapixel camera
- Connectivity, Features & Wireless: Dual SIM, 3G, LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, A-GPS, fingerprint scanner, LG Pay, NFC
- Battery: 3000mAh battery
- Dimensions: 148.6 x 75.1 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 164g
- OS: Android 7.1.2 Nougat
The phone is now available through South Korea’s domestic telecom operators. Meanwhile, global availability is yet to be announced.
The Most Interesting
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao
- Honor Play is probably the best mid-range smartphone out there to date – here’s what you need to know
- ViewSonic outs ultra-portable projector with dual Harman Kardon speakers and 6 hours of battery life
- LG Q8 (2018) launches in South Korea with Snapdragon 450 and built-in stylus
- Samsung Galaxy J8 In-Depth Review – should you get one?
- AMD announces 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper chips: prices and specs here