Next Google Tango Phone: ASUS ZenFone AR Announced
On CES 2017, ASUS announced the ZenFone AR, the world’s first Tango-enabled smartphone to be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor. It will also be the world’s first mobile device to be both Tango-enabled and Daydream-ready, which is both projects of Google.
It was set to be available at the market at Q2 2017, and no further details about pricing yet.
Tango is a set of sensors and computer vision software that supports smartphone augmented reality (AR) experiences, while Daydream is Google’s platform for high quality mobile virtual reality (VR).
A note on the Qualcomm website says: “Only Snapdragon processors power commercial Tango-enabled devices“
Yep, that’s true. Even the first Google Tango-enabled phone, which is the Lenovo Phab2 Pro, is also powered by Snapdragon 652, which was launched last June 2016, and is currently available on the market.
For the specs:
• CPU: 64-bit Quad-Core Qualcomm® Processor Snapdragon™ 821 @2.35Ghz
• GPU: Adreno™ 530
• Display: 5.7-inch WQHD (2560 x 1440) Super AMOLED, 10-finger touch points, Gorilla Glass 4
• OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with brand-new ASUS ZenUI 3.0
• Camera: 23MP Rear Camera, f/2.0 aperture, 6 P Largan lens | 8MP Front Camera, f/2.0 aperture
• Battery: 3300mAh (non-removable)
• Connectivity: 4G LTE, NFC, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 5 Ghz 2×2 MIMO Support, Bluetooth V 4.2 +A2DP +EDR, Wi-Fi direct
• RAM: 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4
Internal Storage: UFS 2.0 32GB / 64GB / 128GB / 256GB
Micro SD: Micro SD(SDXC) Card up to 2 TB
Meet the ASUS ZenFone AR here: LINK