Nokia 8 Sirocco with Android One announced at MWC 2018
Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2018 really brings us excitements among new devices, and one of them is HMD Global‘s new addition to its flagship lineup of Nokia Android smartphones – the Nokia 8 Sirroco which is basically an upgraded variant of the Nokia 8.
There are some obvious design changes, too. Notably, we’ve bid our goodbyes to the 3.5mm headphone jack (RIP). Kidding aside, there’s a 5.5-inch pOLED 16:9 display (2560 x 1440) with 3D Gorilla Glass 5 on the front and back. Its IP67-rated design has 3.5 times the structural integrity of 6000 series aluminum smartphones, well, as Nokia claims.
While most of the newer flagships announced today at the MWC showfloor got the newest Snapdragon 845 chipset, the Nokia 8 Sirocco is still powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835 processor (still, why?), 6GB of RAM, and 128GB of internal storage (expandability uncertain as of this moment yet).
In terms of optics, a dual-real camera setup with a primary 12MP Zeiss lens with f/1.75 aperture and secondary 13MP telephoto with f/2.6 aperture for 2x optical zoom is present. While on the front is a 5MP f/2.0 wide-angle camera with an 84-degree FOV, LED flash and support for Pro Camera mode.
Battery-wise, there’s a 3,260 mAh battery with Qi wireless charging support and support for Qualcomm QuickCharge 4.0 fast charging technology that promises 50% in 30 minutes.
Finally, there’s a three-microphone array with Nokia’s Ozo spatial audio technology, and a smart amplifier feature that enhances the sound quality of the phone’s loudspeakers.
Nokia 8 Sirocco Specifications
|Specifications||Nokia 8 Sirocco|
|Display||5.5-inch QHD (2560 x 1440) 16:9 OLED panel|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 835|
|Rear Camera||Dual cameras with Zeiss optics: 12MP wide-angle lens with f/1.75 aperture + 13MP telephoto lens with f/2.6 aperture|
|Front Camera||5MP with f/2.0 aperture|
|Connectivity||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (MIMO), BT 5.0, GPS/AGPS+GLONASS+BDS, NFC|
|Software||Android 8.0 Oreo (Android One)|
The newly-announced Nokia 8 Sirocco will be available in April in select markets for €749 (~$920) / PhP47,5K.
Our say: Considering new flagships equipped with the newer Snapdragon 845 chipset, this phone wouldn’t be a better option if you are paying purely for performance. You could be paying though, for the stock Android experience and guaranteed software updates for two years, a benefit of being on the Android One program.
The Most Interesting
- Samsung launches Galaxy Watch and 2 new tablets in the Philippines
- HOW TO UNBLOCK BLOCKED PORN/WEB SITES 2018? – THE ULTIMATE GUIDE
- ViewSonic Launches VX58 Curve Series Monitors
- Why PayPal Wins Against Apple in P2P Payments Service
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao
- Honor Play is probably the best mid-range smartphone out there to date – here’s what you need to know