PH Gov’t setting up 100,000 free Wi-Fi sites nationwide
A report from GMA News’ JP Soriano on “Unang Balita” this Thursday says that the Philippine government is allotting Php3-Billion for a 10-year internet project that aims to set up 100,000 Wi-Fi sites to address the poor internet access and connectivity in the country.
Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) Undersec. Jorge Sarmiento said that Wi-Fi sites will be set up in public places. He also said that all public schools in the country will have free Wi-Fi connection.
“Sa mga park, plaza sa mga local government unit areas, health centers, pier ang lalagyan ng free public Wi-Fi … we are aiming to cover all municipalities in the country.” Sarmiento said.
He also said that the DICT is fast-tracking the project as the plan for the national broadband program has already been approved by the President Rodrigo Duterte.
Source: GMA News
The Most Interesting
- Samsung launches Galaxy Watch and 2 new tablets in the Philippines
- HOW TO UNBLOCK BLOCKED PORN/WEB SITES 2018? – THE ULTIMATE GUIDE
- ViewSonic Launches VX58 Curve Series Monitors
- Why PayPal Wins Against Apple in P2P Payments Service
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao
- Honor Play is probably the best mid-range smartphone out there to date – here’s what you need to know