PLDT and Huawei partnered to bring 5G in Philippines by 2020
The two giant partnered in order to bring 5G to the country by 2020.
PLDT Inc. and Chinese giant Huawei have partnered by signing a memorandum of understanding to collaborate on research, development and rollout 5G wireless systems in the country. The partnership aims to launch a robust 5G mobile network in the Philippines by 2020.
In line with the partnership, the group will with work with Huawei to lead the commercial development of the 5G network in the country. They’ll be identifying the areas of technological innovation needed to deliver 5G. Plans also include setting up a 5G innovation lab and the creation of a showcase network.
“Smart is focused on LTE, as it provides us the best platform to bring high-speed mobile internet throughout the country. LTE facilities, with strengthened transport links, can be quickly upgraded to LTE-Advanced (LTE-A), and will be an integral part of our future 5G network,” — Joachim Horn, chief technology and information advisor for PLDT and Smart.
According to BusinessWorld Online, the collaboration was revealed through a statement from PLDT and Smart Communications, Inc. Chairman, President and CEO Manuel V. Pangilinan. Pangilinan signed the memorandum of understanding with Huawei Philippines CEO Jacky Gao Kexin during a visit to the Huawei headquarters in Shenzen, China, last January 13 (pictured above)
“This collaboration with Huawei is an important part of PLDT and Smart’s efforts to bring the most advanced technologies to the Philippines,” said Ray Espinosa, PLDT’s Chief Corporate Services Officer. “It will enable us to best serve our customers and help boost the country’s development in a world that is rapidly turning digital,” he added.
The Most Interesting
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao
- Honor Play is probably the best mid-range smartphone out there to date – here’s what you need to know
- ViewSonic outs ultra-portable projector with dual Harman Kardon speakers and 6 hours of battery life
- LG Q8 (2018) launches in South Korea with Snapdragon 450 and built-in stylus
- Samsung Galaxy J8 In-Depth Review – should you get one?
- AMD announces 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper chips: prices and specs here