Samsung Galaxy J6 arrives in the Philippines – here’s what you need to know
MANILA, PHILIPPINES – Samsung is finally bringing their newest device on the Philippine shores, the Galaxy J6 (2018).
Boasting features that you don’t usually see on mid-range smartphones, the Samsung Galaxy J6 is equipped with a 5.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED infinity Display and Dolby Atmos which enhances audio listening experience, which gives it a little edge against competing smartphones.
The phone is basically powered by Samsung’s homebaked Exynos 7870 Octa-core CPU, and paired with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal, expandable storage. The phone is powered by a 3000mAh battery and all of these are managed by Android Oreo 8.0 out-of-the-box.
In terms of optics, Samsung employs the traditional configuration for 2018 midrange smartphones, with a 13MP f/1.9 single rear camera setup and an 8MP f/1.9 front camera to complement it.
As Samsung says, the phone is marketed for next-level entertainment and gaming and while it doesn’t sport the greatest gaming phone specifications, we’re glad to report you that this phone can run PUBG mobile at the very minimal, low settings.
Specifications and Features
|Model:||Samsung Galaxy J6 Specs|
|Display:||5.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity display (1480 x 720 resolution), 18.5:9 aspect ratio|
|CPU/SoC:||Exynos 7870 Octa-core @ 1.6GHz|
|ROM/Storage:||32GB, expandable via microSD|
|Rear Cameras:||13MP f/1.9 with LED flash
|Front Camera:||8MP f/1.9 with LED flash|
|Battery:||3000mAh non-removable battery|
|Connectivity:||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot
microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go (OTG)
3.5mm headphone jack
|Network Bands:||4G/voLTE, 3G (HSDPA), 2G (GSM)|
|SIM Slot:||Dual SIM (nano)|
|Sensors:||Fingerprint sensor (rear), GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, ambient light sensor|
|OS/Software:||Android Oreo 8.0|
|Dimensions & Weight:||Size: 149.3 x 70.2 x 8.2 mm
|Protection / IP Rating:||IP Rating: N/A|
|Other Features:||Face Unlock, Dolby Atmos|
Price and Availability
The Galaxy J6 is now available in Black and Gold colors and will be available starting June 16 for PhP13,990. We’ll be releasing our hands-on article soon so stay tuned for that!
The Most Interesting
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao
- Honor Play is probably the best mid-range smartphone out there to date – here’s what you need to know
- ViewSonic outs ultra-portable projector with dual Harman Kardon speakers and 6 hours of battery life
- LG Q8 (2018) launches in South Korea with Snapdragon 450 and built-in stylus
- Samsung Galaxy J8 In-Depth Review – should you get one?
- AMD announces 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper chips: prices and specs here
- Android 9.0 Pie is now official – here’s what you can expect