Samsung has the ‘Courage’, The Galaxy S8 Won’t Feature 3.5mm Headphone Jack Anymore
A report from SamMobile says that Samsung will officially ditch the 3.5mm headphone jack on the upcoming Galaxy S8. While the said move may shock many people, it was not seemed to be unexpected after all, given Apple and other OEMs have eliminated the said port from their devices.
By the removal of the 3.5mm headphone jack, Samsung will have more area to place a bigger battery, which is always a good thing, and in addition, it is reported Samsung may introduce stereo speakers on the device, powered by HARMAN audio, since Samsung is acquiring HARMAN for $8 billion, the company known for its audio brands like Harman Kardon, JBL, and Infinity.
Still using wired headphones? Don’t worry, this move is not the end of the world. You will still be able to use them, you’ll just need a USB Type-C to 3.5mm adapter, which the phone will probably ship with, like iPhone 7 that ships with Lightning to 3.5mm adapter. The only problem is, charging your phone and listening to wired audio is a different story, but there’s always Bluetooth for those instances.
The Galaxy S8 is expected to be unveiled in February, 2017, during the Mobile World Congress week in Barcelona.
Goodluck for that ‘courageous’ move Samsung and I hope that the Galaxy S8 is still awesome like its predecessor.
via SamMobile, DroidLife
#2016 #3.5mm #Devices #Gadgets #Galaxy #Headphone #Headphone Jack #Jack #Mobile #MWC #News #Phone #Release #Rumors #S8 #Samsung #Samsung Galaxy S8
The Most Interesting
- Snoppa introduces ATOM – The World’s Smallest Gimbal
- Samsung launches Galaxy Watch and 2 new tablets in the Philippines
- HOW TO UNBLOCK BLOCKED PORN/WEB SITES 2018? – THE ULTIMATE GUIDE
- ViewSonic Launches VX58 Curve Series Monitors
- Why PayPal Wins Against Apple in P2P Payments Service
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao