Snapchat launches ‘search’ feature on its app along with major design update
Snapchat just made their app easier to navigate to find friends, groups, publishers and friend’s stories with an universal search bar that’s always accessible at the top of the app. Recently launched for people who use Android, now it is also there for people who use iOS.
It seems also that the major redesign of the interface was focused on speed, since the app navigation seems to be smoother than before. And then, the added universal search function makes users to look for someone or something has never been easier than before.
The Quick Chat, Groups and New Friends suggestions will let you see a particular friend’s message thread or story a lot faster, and to discover someone you might want to follow. Snapchat has been known as confusing to some (even I was confused before) because of its layout and how it relied on users knowing how to swipe around. It only added navigation buttons late in June 2016, but now, users will be able to navigate and look for something via search.
Improved search could be a great opportunity to brands, businesses and online influencers hoping to build their Snapchat audience. Previously, Snapchat only offered a fractured search interface, with boxes for finding specific conversations, accounts to follow and Stories or Discover channels scattered in three different places.
Now let us see if this integration will help Snapchat get back to its original glory after Instagram, the ‘copycat’ of their original ‘stories’ feature, stole the lead.
The Most Interesting
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao
- Honor Play is probably the best mid-range smartphone out there to date – here’s what you need to know
- ViewSonic outs ultra-portable projector with dual Harman Kardon speakers and 6 hours of battery life
- LG Q8 (2018) launches in South Korea with Snapdragon 450 and built-in stylus
- Samsung Galaxy J8 In-Depth Review – should you get one?
- AMD announces 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper chips: prices and specs here