Someone hacked the iPhone 7 to run Windows XP – and it’s pretty amazing
A Windows XP on the iPhone 7 without jailbreaking it? Hit us up.
In a YouTube video (below), Hacking Jules team showed a copy of Windows XP running on Apple’s iPhone 7. This was done with the help of an emulator installed on the device using XCode. The method doesn’t require jailbreaking the iPhone and one can’t think of using it as a regular operating system.
It is done using an emulator called iBox (sideloaded via XCode) which is used to get things working. However, you can’t expect this Windows XP do anything special. Because the emulator drinks most of the hardware juice – it runs pretty slow, and the graphics that was only emulated was only VGA. And setting it up is a complex task.
You can check out the project’s GitHub page, in case you have an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus and you want to try. (Not recommending to do so.)
What do you think of this?
Source: Hacking Jules
The Most Interesting
- Snoppa introduces ATOM – The World’s Smallest Gimbal
- Samsung launches Galaxy Watch and 2 new tablets in the Philippines
- HOW TO UNBLOCK BLOCKED PORN/WEB SITES 2018? – THE ULTIMATE GUIDE
- ViewSonic Launches VX58 Curve Series Monitors
- Why PayPal Wins Against Apple in P2P Payments Service
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao