We recently posted about the XZ1 when Sony launched it at the recently concluded IFA in Berlin. Now, Sony plans to bring their latest flagship smartphone in Philippine shores this September, but with one caveat – only the XZ1 is going to step into the Philippine shores.
It is powered by Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 835 chipset and it is also the first smartphone to come with Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box. More specifications below.
Sony Xperia XZ1 specs
- 2.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB of RAM
- 5.2-inch Full HD Triluminous Display; 1920×1080 resolution
- 128GB of expandable storage
- 4G, LTE
- Dual SIM
- 23-megapixel f/2.0 rear camera with EIS, PDAF, Laser AF, LED flash
- 13-megapixel f/2.0 wide angle front camera
- WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C
- 2700mAh Battery
- Android 8.0 Oreo
Our sources confirmed that Sony Philippines is just launching the XZ1 here without its smaller sibling, the XZ1 Compact – but why Sony? Why?
There is also no word about local pricing and availability so far, and we will know those details upon launch next week so stay tuned here at SnowTechStuff!