Before, we have ‘Razer’ saying their peripherals was ‘designed by gamers, for gamers‘. Now, it seems that lawyers, too, needs peripherals designed for their workflow in mind – and that problem was addressed by Legalboard,and it was no joke.
And the box came with it was this – with a phrase“Tailored to your profession”
On this close-up shot of the Legalboard, you can see that everything almost looks the same with a regular keyboard, however, upon realization – you’ll see that the numpad as well as the function keys contain buttons and functions that are tailored, for lawyers’ workflow.
Here’s a closeup of both the Function Keys and the Numpad Keys. (click image to enlarge)
It comes with several shortcuts to commonly used legal symbols, like §, ¶, or ©, and even the words “court” and “plaintiff,” making lawyers’ doing their paper works much faster.
Other functions the Legalboard lets lawyers do much faster:
– Turn underline, italics, or bold functions on and off
– Turn track changes on and off
– Start a bullet list
– Add a footnote or comment, then jump back to the main text
– Find a term in your document, then jump back to the main text
– Change line spacing
– Turn small caps on and off
– Insert common citations and legal words like “court”, “plaintiff”, and “id.”
It costs $65 (Php3.2k), and it works with Microsoft Word on Windows way back to Windows XP. Unfortunately for lawyers who love Apple, the Legalboard isn’t compatible with Macs. 🙁
You can buy the Legalboard here:LINK