This keyboard is designed “by lawyers, for lawyers.”
Before, we have ‘Razer’ saying their peripherals was ‘designed by gamers, for gamers‘. Now, it seems that lawyers, too, needs peripherals designed for their workflow in mind – and that problem was addressed by Legalboard, and it was no joke.
And the box came with it was this – with a phrase “Tailored to your profession”
On this close-up shot of the Legalboard, you can see that everything almost looks the same with a regular keyboard, however, upon realization – you’ll see that the numpad as well as the function keys contain buttons and functions that are tailored, for lawyers’ workflow.
Here’s a closeup of both the Function Keys and the Numpad Keys. (click image to enlarge)
It comes with several shortcuts to commonly used legal symbols, like §, ¶, or ©, and even the words “court” and “plaintiff,” making lawyers’ doing their paper works much faster.
Other functions the Legalboard lets lawyers do much faster:
– Turn underline, italics, or bold functions on and off
– Turn track changes on and off
– Start a bullet list
– Add a footnote or comment, then jump back to the main text
– Find a term in your document, then jump back to the main text
– Change line spacing
– Turn small caps on and off
– Insert common citations and legal words like “court”, “plaintiff”, and “id.”
It costs $65 (Php3.2k), and it works with Microsoft Word on Windows way back to Windows XP. Unfortunately for lawyers who love Apple, the Legalboard isn’t compatible with Macs. 🙁
You can buy the Legalboard here: LINK