Thousands of Lamborghinis recalled due to fire risk
Including the Veneno, which costs roughly $4 million.
Your expensive supercar is being recalled due to a fire risk. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) of the United States issued a report that said the problem was with the fuel tank.
The recall affects all 2012 to 2017 models of the Lamborghini Aventador, including all limited editions. Even the Lamborghini Veneno, which sells between $4 million and $4.5 million.
Lamborghini said seven cases of fire have occurred worldwide. As part of the recall, approximately 1,453 models are potentially affected.
Here’s a portion of the safety recall report, which describes the issue:
In case of fuel tank heavily overfilled and in particular handling conditions, liquid fuel could reach the carbon canister. If purge valves are reached by fuel this could affect the functionality of the fuel EVAP system. This is worsened in case of winter fuel usage.
EVAP system components faults could cause fuel vapors not treater properly. With not properly treated fuel vapor, particular maneuvers, as example engine over revving at idle, could imply contact between fuel vapor and hot gasses. Especially if combined with a not approved aftermarket exhaust system this could lead to risk of fire.
What you should do:
Lamborghini has agreed to notify all owners of affected vehicles who will be instructed to take their car in to an authorized dealer. The EVAP system will then be upgraded free of charge.
In addition to the Veneno, the Anniversario, Miura Homage, Pirelli Edition, Super Veloce, and Roadster “whose technology derived from Aventador models” is included in the recall, with production dates ranging from March 2011 to December 2016.
The Most Interesting
- Samsung launches Galaxy Watch and 2 new tablets in the Philippines
- HOW TO UNBLOCK BLOCKED PORN/WEB SITES 2018? – THE ULTIMATE GUIDE
- ViewSonic Launches VX58 Curve Series Monitors
- Why PayPal Wins Against Apple in P2P Payments Service
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao
- Honor Play is probably the best mid-range smartphone out there to date – here’s what you need to know