Verizon to carry RED’s Hydrogen ONE with holographic display
While we previously reported that RED’s upcoming holographic display smartphone would be delayed until August of this year, American carrier Verizon has made it known that they will carry the Hydrogen One – the world’s first holographic smartphone.
RED has already opened the pre-orders for the said smartphone since July last year with a premium price of $1200, the camera-maker has yet to fulfill the orders and is asking for an extension among its pre-order customers, to be able to refine features and fix things, with RED’s CEO saying that “they also don’t know whatsoever they’re doing.”
The phone features a 5.7-inch holographic display paired with 4-View technology, which RED touts that this is how 3D should be viewed — without glasses. It also features robust and modular body, just like its array of professional cinema cameras.
Adding to that, RED is also launching the Hydrogen Network, which is an exclusive network of channels with 4-View content.
Pricing & Availability
While the exact price are yet to be announced, based on our previous report and announcement from RED, the smartphone would be available in August of this year, with prices predicted from $1200 up to $1500 depending on the configuration.
The Most Interesting
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao
- Honor Play is probably the best mid-range smartphone out there to date – here’s what you need to know
- ViewSonic outs ultra-portable projector with dual Harman Kardon speakers and 6 hours of battery life
- LG Q8 (2018) launches in South Korea with Snapdragon 450 and built-in stylus
- Samsung Galaxy J8 In-Depth Review – should you get one?
- AMD announces 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper chips: prices and specs here