Vivo shows on-screen fingerprint scanner tech from Synaptics at CES
CES 2018 is now on-going and our series of articles covering the biggest tech show on earth are now dropping! Check them out HERE.
Last time we’ve posted about Synaptics and its release of their on-screen fingerprint scanner technology – hoping that they’ll get rid of the dedicated space for fingerprint sensors and instead, placing them underneath the smartphone’s display (where our fingers are mostly placed).
How does it work?
Vivo partnered with Synaptics, who recently released their proprietary technology called ClearID, which allows us to scan fingerprints within our smartphone’s display, and showed them off at CES 2018 in Las Vegas with an un-named prototype smartphone.
A fingerprint UI will appear on the device’s display promptly like when the phone is on sleep and needs to be unlocked, or when prompted for mobile payment authentication, and other possible applications.
If fingerprint authentication is not needed, the graphical UI fingerprint will remain invisible to prevent disruption of normal device operation.
If you are at CES, you can see it for yourself at Vivo’s booth. The company also announced the availability of their first in-display fingerprint scanning smartphone in early 2018.
We’ll have to guess now which other smartphone manufacturers Synaptics has partnered with to bring this technology to the masses.
The Most Interesting
- Snoppa introduces ATOM – The World’s Smallest Gimbal
- Samsung launches Galaxy Watch and 2 new tablets in the Philippines
- HOW TO UNBLOCK BLOCKED PORN/WEB SITES 2018? – THE ULTIMATE GUIDE
- ViewSonic Launches VX58 Curve Series Monitors
- Why PayPal Wins Against Apple in P2P Payments Service
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao