World’s First 8K Monitor – Dell Ultrasharp UP3218K Announced!
I know, I know, you don’t even have 4K displays as of this moment, or rather a full HD, on some cases. But, we already have this 8K display from Dell, beating even Apple’s 5K on their iMac displays. One word, “stunning” is enough to describe how this monitor looks, and works.
Unveiled at CES 2017 and is expected to ship later this year, this 32-inch 8K monitor is priced at a fraction of your life, or $4999. Very good for content creators and professionals who need more workspace and more pixels, because, why not?
And even though Sharp has announced an 27-inch 8K monitor, they aren’t on sale so we don’t really consider that as the world’s first on the hands of the consumers, however, the fact that the Dell is the one who is able to sell it earlier, they will be the one to gain the title being the world’s first.
The panel also boasts 100 percent coverage of both the Adobe RGB and sRGB color spaces, and that works out to over 33.2 million pixels of resolution with a 280 ppi. Adjustments also include tilt, pivot, swivel, and height.
Here is a look at the specs in full:
• 31.5-inch, 7680×4320 @ 60Hz, 280 ppi
• 178 degrees (vertical and horizontal) viewing angle
• 100 percent Adobe RGB, sRGB, and Rec709
• 400 cd/m2 brightness, 1,300:1 contrast ratio
• 9.7mm bezel
• Connectivity: 2 x DisplayPort 1.3, 4 x USB 3.0, audio line-out
• Price: $4,999
Dell did not mention what type of panel it using here and there’s no mention of HDR support, either.
“Monitors offering this extreme level of resolution and Dell PremierColor clarity and gradation are important in commercial fields where in-depth image zooming is critical—such as photo and video editing, medicine and diagnostic research, and oil and gas exploration—all among the early adopters of this technology. Plus its near borderless display gives customers 32 inches of screen real estate in a highly compact package,” – Dell
Dell is expected to start selling this monitor in March or April, this year.
via PCGamer.com, Dell
The Most Interesting
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao
- Honor Play is probably the best mid-range smartphone out there to date – here’s what you need to know
- ViewSonic outs ultra-portable projector with dual Harman Kardon speakers and 6 hours of battery life
- LG Q8 (2018) launches in South Korea with Snapdragon 450 and built-in stylus
- Samsung Galaxy J8 In-Depth Review – should you get one?
- AMD announces 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper chips: prices and specs here