Xiaomi Announced Mi Mix 2 and Mi Mix 2 special edition
Aside from launching a new laptop at today’s event in Beijing, the star of the event was Xiaomi’s newest smartphone – the Mi Mix 2
Rumors were right, as it was adopting the 2017 flagship-common 18:9 aspect ratio, the Mi Mix 2 comes with an ultra-slim aluminum frame, a Snapdragon 835 SoC, 6GB of RAM, 64-256GB of internal storage, and a 5.99-inch full screen display.
Xiaomi also noted about it’s global functionality when it presented that their engineers went global to test the Mi Mix 2 – it works on almost all bands in the world.
No dual camera setup, although
On the optics side, the Mi Mix 2 will come out with a flagship-level camera, no dual cam setup, but it has the same primary camera as the Mi 6.
A special editon?
Other than that, Xiaomi also announced a special edition Mi Mix 2, which features more memory at 8GB and an initial storage of 128GB. It’ll come in a ceramic unibody with a choice between two colors: black or white. The former has 18K gold rims for both the rear camera lens and fingerprint scanner, while the latter owns rose gold rims for the two circles.
Pricing and Availability
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 is priced at CNY 3299 / USD $500 (~PhP25K) with 6GB + 64GB initial configuration, CNY 3,599 / USD $555 (~PhP28.2K) for 128GB of storage, and CNY 3,999 / USD $615 (~PhP31.2K) for the largest 256GB configuration.
On the other hand, the Mi Mix 2 Special Edition costs CNY 4,699 or USD $720 (~PhP36.6k).
However, global availability for both models is still yet to be announced.
The Most Interesting
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao
- Honor Play is probably the best mid-range smartphone out there to date – here’s what you need to know
- ViewSonic outs ultra-portable projector with dual Harman Kardon speakers and 6 hours of battery life
- LG Q8 (2018) launches in South Korea with Snapdragon 450 and built-in stylus
- Samsung Galaxy J8 In-Depth Review – should you get one?
- AMD announces 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper chips: prices and specs here