Xiaomi Mi 5C equipped with Xiaomi’s Surge S1 SoC announced
Xiaomi finally announced their first phone which will equip their own SoC (System-on-Chip), the Mi 5C.
The Chinese company is the fourth smartphone manufacturer with its own self-developed chipset, known as the Surge S1.
The Xiaomi Mi 5C is just a mid-range smartphone which has a design and aesthetics of a premium build that it might be confused for a high end / flagship phone.
The Mi 5C comes with a 5.15-inch 1080p display from JDI (Japan Display) which is surrounded by ultra-narrow 1.66mm bezels. It is powered by Xiaomi’s Surge S1 chip which is an octa-core made up Cortex A53 cores. The device also packs 3GB of RAM as well as 64GB of storage on the box.
>> We can say here that the Surge S1 SoC is somehow a powerful chip. However, it can’t stand off against its closest competitor: the MediaTek P20.
On the phone’s side, the Mi 5C also features a 12-megapixel rear sensor with large 1.25um pixels enabling better low-light photography and LED flash. The phone also packs a 2,860mAh battery and has a weight of 134g.
The Mi 5C will begin sales on March 3 at 1499 Yuan in China ($220/Php11k).
There were no words for availability on the rest of the world as of this moment.
The Most Interesting
- Snoppa introduces ATOM – The World’s Smallest Gimbal
- Samsung launches Galaxy Watch and 2 new tablets in the Philippines
- HOW TO UNBLOCK BLOCKED PORN/WEB SITES 2018? – THE ULTIMATE GUIDE
- ViewSonic Launches VX58 Curve Series Monitors
- Why PayPal Wins Against Apple in P2P Payments Service
- 5 Ways That You Can Help To Improve the Environment
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao