Xiaomi to unveil Mi 8 on May 31
STS ASIA, China – Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi announces an official launch event to happen at the end of this month, unveiling multiple products including its latest flagship offering – the Mi 8.
The company has not revealed yet what products will be debuting on 31st May. However, previous reports have pointed out that along with the Mi 8 (Xiaomi’s 8th Anniversary Edition) smartphone, the Chinese manufacturer is planning to launch Mi Band 3 fitness tracker as well.
Other rumors have suggested that the company might skip ‘Mi 7’ as successor to the Mi 6 from last year and just jump into the 8.
Recent FCC filings from Xiaomi shows two devices with model numbers M1805E2A and M1803E1A, which might be the alleged Mi 8 variants. It was also revealed through the listing that both models carry support for 5V/3A, 9V/, A and 12V/1.5A charging.
It is expected to run a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset and 4,000mAh battery, either 6GB or 8GB of RAM as well as 6.01-inch OLED display with notch and 3D facial recognition. There is also the possibility that an under display fingerprint scanner will be also on the phone.
A previous leak has offered us a peek about how much the pricing of this phone will be – but take this with a grain of salt, as they might change until launch.
The Most Interesting
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kit Review
- The Galaxy Note 9 is so interesting……. and expensive?
- NOTEWorthy: The Galaxy Note 9 is now official – price and specs here
- Xiaomi to open first Mi authorized store in Davao
- Honor Play is probably the best mid-range smartphone out there to date – here’s what you need to know
- ViewSonic outs ultra-portable projector with dual Harman Kardon speakers and 6 hours of battery life
- LG Q8 (2018) launches in South Korea with Snapdragon 450 and built-in stylus
- Samsung Galaxy J8 In-Depth Review – should you get one?
- AMD announces 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper chips: prices and specs here
- Android 9.0 Pie is now official – here’s what you can expect